Vegan?! How do you get your protein?
“All protein is made by plants!”, Dr. Milton Mills states in the 2017 documentary ‘What the Health!?’: “Only plants have the ability to actually take nitrogen from the air, break those molecules apart, incorporate that nitrogen into amino acids, and then make protein.” -> Any protein you get from an animal is simply recycled plant protein!
5 quick facts about plant-protein:
- Humans need 0.8g of protein per kilogram of body weight.
- Protein deficiency in Europe and America is, basically, unheard of.
- Pretty much all plant foods have protein. As well as some of the nine essential amino acids. (Quinoa, buckwheat, soy, chia and hempseed even boost all nine amino acids.)
- Animal protein comes with ‘gifts’ such as saturated fats, cholesterol, natural and added hormones, and antibiotics.
- Plant protein comes with gifts such as antioxidants, fiber, minerals, and vitamins.